This course is for employers and individuals wanting to improve their understanding of autism and identify how to support autistic individuals within the workplace. The course will provide a comprehensive overview of the autism spectrum including how autism presents itself differently in individuals and how autistic individuals experience the world around them.
Equally, we will explore how organisations can work with Investment20/20 to build a sustainable approach to engage and support people with autism in joining investment management.
Delivered via Microsoft Teams with discussion, quizzes and small group activities, this is an immersive training experience and participation from attendees is critical to success.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand how communication skills, social interaction, social imagination and sensory processing impact on autistic individuals’ lives and working environment
- Review intersectionality and the links with good working practice for autistic employees
- Identify the talents and skill sets of autistic individuals
- Explore the importance identifying and implementing workplace adjustments to support autistic individuals
- Identify practical tips you can utilise within your day-to-day work practices to support an autistic individual