You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. While we can’t guarantee a permanent position at the end of the 12 month contract, it is our intention to make the offer, but this is up to how well you perform. 75% of Investment20/20 trainees are offered permanent positions.
Our trainee programme will introduce you to investment technology and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career and provide you with skills to secure a permanent role. We will support you in achieving a professional qualification if this is something you are interested in doing. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 200 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events.
Our trainee programme is a fixed term one year contract with a competitive salary. You will receive 25 days annual leave. We offer flexible working arrangements, allowing you a combination of home working and in-person work within our London office.
Jacobi’s Investment Engineering team has a passion for investment problem solving and converting processes and models of our clients into scalable technology tools and solutions. The Trainee Investment Engineer will join a team of around 10 engineers located across the UK, United States and Australia. Each team member works closely with clients in their region, while also collaborating with colleagues in other locations.
- Development of investment tools to assist in portfolio design, risk and data management
- Converting clients’ intellectual property and investment processes into dynamic dashboards and workflows in the Jacobi environment
- Produce technical content illustrating the investment theory and computer programming underpinning the Jacobi platform’s functionalities.
- Review code and perform user testing on new platform features and tools
- Investigate and research investment models and processes, relevant to Jacobi’s clients and the platform
- Client management – support the onboarding of new clients, responding to client enquiries and investigating and resolving issues.
- Contribute to the business development and client management processes by presenting specific platform functions to clients
If you are a graduate (or soon to graduate), have an interest in working in investment technology and have the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Keen interest in either (or a mix of) computer science, engineering, mathematics, quantitative finance, financial modelling or related disciplines
- A passion for coding (particularly Python)
- Enjoys navigating complex data sets and manipulating data
- Inquisitive and enjoy interpreting information and problem solving
- A self-starter, with an ability to work flexibly
- A good communicator, both written and verbal
- An interest in investing, technology and the investment management industry
Jacobi is a fast growing FinTech serving top-tier firms in the investment management industry.
We provide a cloud-based, multi-asset portfolio design and analytics platform. The technology is used by investment teams, enabling powerful portfolio analytics and custom workflows to be integrated and shared with their clients and stakeholders.
Our clients include top-tier investment firms across the globe, including some of the world’s leading asset managers, private wealth managers and pension funds. With offices in Brisbane, San Francisco and London, Jacobi offers a diverse, fun and fast-paced environment.
We are looking for well-motivated, inquisitive team players with practical and pragmatic problem solving abilities and great interpersonal skills. Most importantly, we are looking for people with a passion for the investment management industry and using cutting-edge technology to deliver exceptional customer service.