Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career.
During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- An 18 month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- You will spend 20% of your time studying towards your Level 3 Software Development Technician Qualification
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter’s Sports, Social and Arts events
- A salary of £25,000, plus benefits (incl. non-contributory pension, medical insurance and study leave for company approved qualifications)
You will have the opportunity, through the Investment20/20 Ambassador Programme, to return to your school, college or university to raise awareness of Jupiter and the Programme. In addition, we provide our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to you. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including Ethnicity, Faith, Pride and Women in Technology), Art and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
The team are looking for someone with a passion for technology to join our Software Development team. You will have had some experience with coding (it doesn’t matter about which language) and be someone who loves to solve problems.
You will be joining a team of software developers who are building software solutions for all parts of the business from fund management through to client reporting and marketing. Technology is at the heart of our business, and the solutions that we build allow our users to be as efficient as possible and have easy access to information and data that they can trust so that they can make better decisions. Within the team you will benefit from working with, and be mentored by, some of the best and most experienced technologists in the industry.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assisting the team with all aspects of software design and coding
- Attending and contributing to Agile ceremonies such as stand ups, planning and retrospectives
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills, especially in C# and SQL
- Writing and maintaining code
- Working on minor bug fixes
- Helping to support our software running in production
- Responding to requests from the development team
- Conducting development tests
The Ideal Candidate
Jupiter’s Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in Technology and a strong desire to have a successful career in Technology
- Have had some exposure to coding, either from school/university or from creating your own applications in your spare time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a collegiate environment
- Proactive attitude, able to work independently on tasks to a high level
- Inquisitive mind and enjoys problem Solving. Enthusiasm to enhance, improve, optimise, streamline
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail essential
We always look for the best candidate for each of our opportunities and have no requirements in terms of educational institute attended, subjects studied, previous experience, or grades achieved. We do, however, want people to demonstrate, in their application form, how they have excelled or expanded their knowledge in a particular area and developed the required attributes for these opportunities.