We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternatives. We build client trust by being dependably excellent in all things, and we put the client at the heart of everything we do. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
Distribution is responsible for the marketing, promotion and ongoing development of our product offering, for both institutional and intermediary channels globally. Distribution is a trusted partner to our clients and we enable investment solutions through active management. Areas within Distribution consist of Sales, Global Marketing, Global Product and Investment Trusts.
Overview of the role
To support the EMEA & LatAm Sales and Client Service team with client requests, sales and operational matters, as well as developing a strong foundation of sales and client experience knowledge.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide general support to our German & Swiss sales channels to drive sales
- Work closely with the local sales supports to gain an understanding of the marketplace, sales strategy and client servicing objectives
- Send various reports and marketing materials out on client and sales people’s request
- Gain a greater understanding of Janus Henderson’s products as well as complete wider asset management related issues
- Liaise with sales people and fund managers, to organize roadshows and fund update meetings
- Event pre and post follow-up with clients
- Generate peer analysis reports and analyse market data with the help of internal and external data tools
- Generate regular client communications
- Develop a good relationship with the sales force from the relevant European offices
- Coordinate the client take-on process (both legal and operational)
- Collaborate with all internal support functions and coordinate efforts
- Respond to queries from the team’s shared Inbox
- Where applicable, provide cover and work closely with the local sales support
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical skills and qualifications
- Foreign language fluency: German is essential, any other languages are welcomed
- MS Office to an Intermediate standard – PowerPoint and Excel Advanced
- Educated to degree level
- Candidates with previous administrative and sales support experience preferable but not essential
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- Candidate should be proactive, taking a pride in their job and have an eye for accuracy and layout
- Ability to work to deadlines and to act on own initiative is essential
- Good communication skills – ability to liaise confidently
- Team player – able to work effectively with all members of the team and other individuals throughout the company
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to business requirements
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
- Annual performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.