Trainee Programme Overview
The purpose of the Investment20/20 Trainee Programme at GAM is to enable individuals with limited or no exposure to financial services to start their careers in the investment management industry and gain the skills and experience required to progress their careers within the industry.
This Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme at GAM will be for a fixed term of 12 months and the salary will be £25,000 per annum. Trainees will also be eligible for a number of Company benefits in addition to having the opportunity to get involved with the Sports and Social Club activities.
This role is based in London.
All Trainees will be part of the wider Investment20/20 community with the opportunity to build relationships with Trainees outside of GAM through both social and professional events. Trainees will receive extensive ‘on the job’ training by being assigned to a specific department for the duration of the 12 month contract. Individuals will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the Programme and will gain exposure to the different teams within the department and have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of tasks and projects.
As well as Investment20/20 centrally organised learning and development opportunities and additional training organised by our in-house Talent & Development department. Trainees will be given the opportunity to start an industry recognised professional qualification. Individuals will be provided with training and experience to deliver a presentation and gain exposure to public speaking as part of the Trainee Scheme.
The UK Risk comprises 3 members of staff in London. It forms part of a larger risk team with colleagues also based in Zurich, Luxembourg and Dublin)
GAM has adopted a “three lines of defence model”. Risk (along with Compliance), provide a “2nd line of defence” oversight role, to the Business who are 1st line and with whom we work closely. We also work with Internal Audit as the 3rd line.
This role will give you a unique and excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of most areas of the asset management business and collaborate with many colleagues at all levels across the firm. You will also have the opportunity to pick up some great transferrable skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Participating in Business / Risk quarterly meetings and assisting in the compilation of reports.
- Helping departments document and manage risk and control self-assessments.
- Assisting with MI (Management Information) and Risk Reporting to Boards / Committees.
- Collating data across the firm.
- Monitoring and reporting of actions around the firm to reduce operational risk.
- Assisting in the oversight of incidents reported in the incident management system.
- Helping users with day to day ‘how to’ queries/ liaising with IMS Support where required.
- Preparing incident reports
- Preparing MI / data for ad hoc requests e.g. external or internal audits.
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects such as thematic operational risk related reviews and operational risk management-related system testing eg IMS (GAM’s internal Incident Management System), IQCodex (a process management system)
Skills and Personal Attributes
If you are a graduate, have a keen interest in working within financial services and have the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Good organisational skills
- Adaptable with ability to re-prioritise and work to time critical deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recommend solutions to complex problems and issues
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good numerical and analytical skills with the ability to perform analysis and report writing
- A strong desire to learn
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.