Trainee Programme Overview
The purpose of the Investment20/20 Trainee Programme at GAM is to enable individuals with limited or no exposure to financial services to start their careers in the investment management industry and gain the skills and experience required to progress their careers within the industry.
This Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme at GAM will be for a fixed term of 12 months and the salary will be £25,000 per annum. Trainees will also be eligible for a number of Company benefits in addition to having the opportunity to get involved with the Sports and Social Club activities.
This role is based in London.
All Trainees will be part of the wider Investment20/20 community with the opportunity to build relationships with Trainees outside of GAM through both social and professional events. Trainees will receive extensive ‘on the job’ training by being assigned to a specific department for the duration of the 12 month contract. Individuals will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the Programme and will gain exposure to the different teams within the department and have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of tasks and projects.
As well as Investment20/20 centrally organised learning and development opportunities and additional training organised by our in-house Talent & Development department. Trainees may have the opportunity to start an industry recognised professional qualification if appropriate for appropriate for their role. Individuals will be provided with training and experience to deliver a presentation and gain exposure to public speaking as part of the Trainee Scheme.
The RFP team is responsible for responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Due Diligence questionnaires (DDQs), industry surveys, award submissions and ad-hoc requests for information about GAM and its investment capabilities. The team supports institutional clients and mutual fund distributors as well as consultants and private clients. The global, centralised function ensures that accurate, consistent and timely information is being distributed to all prospective and existing clients from a single source. The team also creates and maintains standard due diligence questionnaires and an extensive RFP database with up-to-date information. The team is part of Distribution and is based in London, Zurich and Singapore.
The RFP team is in a unique position within the company, having access to all areas of the business and an opportunity to understand the end-to-end functioning of an asset manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn about the role of RFPs and DDQs in the new business and client retention process
- Assisting with the completion of timely, accurate and high quality submissions for intermediaries, investment consultants, clients and prospective clients (including RFP’s, DDQ‘s, ad-hoc queries and other submissions as required)
- Creation of some corporate and RFP data – for example personnel information, biographies, RFP success rates
- Working with the RFP Content Manager on the update of information in the RFP database, RFPio
- Contributing ideas and observations on the RFP processes – sharing with the team at team meetings
Skills and Personal Attributes
If you are a school leaver and/or graduate who has a keen interest in working within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work to time critical deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Inquisitive and a strong desire to learn
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of MS Office and other marketing software is an advantage
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.