You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. While we can’t guarantee a permanent position at the end of the 12 month contract, it is our intention to make the offer, but this is up to how well you perform. 75% of Investment20/20 trainees are offered permanent positions.
Our traineeship will introduce you to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career and provide you with skills to secure a permanent role. We will support you in achieving a professional qualification if this is something you are interested in doing . As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 200 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events.
Our trainee programme is a fixed term one year contract with a competitive salary. You will receive 25 days annual leave. All roles are based in London. After successful completion of a three month probation we offer a season ticket loan, private healthcare and cycle to work scheme amongst other benefits.
The role is based within the Professional Development department, which is a specialist function of the wider HR team. Within the team you will be working alongside the London based Professional Development Manager, but within the wider HR team there are an additional 5 team members based in our Ipswich office.
As a Professional Development Trainee you will provide administrative support to the Professional Development team as it looks after the ongoing learning and development of Killik & Co employees.
It is great starting point for an individual keen to develop a career in professional development. You will have exposure across all HR functions and the wider business. Killik & Co are committed to staff development and as you gain experience in the role would discuss supporting you to gain appropriate professional qualifications if that is something you would like to pursue.
Responsibilities will include:
- Administration of e-learning for new starters; and coordination of periodic refreshers
- Data input into HR & other databases
- Maintaining an accurate central record of qualifications & other training related data
- Diary booking & monitoring of responses for Training events
- Booking of exams and ordering of study material
- Monitoring attendance of monthly the Compulsory Continuous Professional Development (CPD) event and of training attendance across the Firm
- Coordination of membership applications & upgrades
- Event organisation including Mayfair/Ipswich induction days
If you are a school/college leaver or graduate who has a keen interest in developing a career in HR/Learning & Development/Training & Competency within financial services and has the following attributes, we would like to hear from you:
- A team player, cooperative and supportive of others.
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail as you will be dealing with regulation
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solver with a positive attitude, keen to deliver excellent customer service
- Professional and discrete with great respect for confidentiality
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.