Wellington Management, headquartered in Boston, is a private, independent Investment Management company and was established in 1928. “Our mission is simple: We seek to exceed the investment objectives and service expectations for our clients worldwide.” Our private partnership model allows us to have the best interests of our clients and our distinct motto “Client Firm Self” is embedded throughout the firm. The culture at Wellington Management makes us truly unique within the Investment Management industry. We are open, collaborative, performance driven, professional and collegial. We have high standards coupled with strong ethics/integrity and we encourage diversity and inclusion globally. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialised subject-matter expertise.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events. Our trainee programme is a permanent placement with a starting salary of £28,000. You will receive 25 days annual leave. The role is based in London and we have a hybrid working policy in place.
Investment Product and Fund Strategies – Product Management
Product Management works closely with our investment teams, relationship teams, and business colleagues across the firm to support our clients’ investment needs and drive business retention and growth. There are three Product Management teams – Equity, Fixed Income, and Alternatives & Multi-Strategy. The key areas of focus for these teams include product marketing and representation, investment integrity and risk management, and product book of business management.
As a Trainee Business Associate, you will be assigned to work within one of our Product Management teams on a wide range of investment-related and business activities. This role is well suited for someone who is seeking to learn about the investment industry broadly and wants to build business management, project management, and analytical skills. The ideal candidate will be a curious, team player with great problem-solving skills; comfortable working with detail and the capacity to leverage systems and technology.
The Trainee Business Associate will support the Product Management team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with experienced investment teams, including portfolio managers and analysts to develop a deep
understanding of specific investment approaches and markets
- Collaborating on the development of client solutions and new investment strategies
- Working with reporting and relationship analysts to prepare investment marketing and client materials, and respond to prospect requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Responding to internal and external inquires related to specific investment approaches and markets
- Perform analyses related to portfolio positioning, performance attribution, market trends, competitive positioning,
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will be a graduate with the following skills and attributes.
- Keen interest in investment management
- Numerate with the ability to interpret data
- Inquisitive with excellent problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter, who knows how to take initiative, and has a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a programming language would be a plus