Why work for us?
Janus Henderson is a leading global active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Our team exemplifies our values of putting clients first, acting like owners and succeeding as a team. Our culture is high-energy, collaborative, and forward-thinking with opportunities to grow in an exciting career. We invite you to consider joining our dynamic team!
This role will provide you with an excellent introduction to the Asset Management industry, specializing in Cash Management within our Middle office Ops Control team. This opportunity should be viewed as the first step to a long and varied career.
- Working closely with and learning from our Treasury and Cash Management specialists you will support our Portfolio Managers in understanding their cash positions and reporting to avoid breaches and errors. A critical role working across global regions to deliver outstanding client service
- Learn the oversight function for Janus Henderson’s outsourced Foreign Exchange programme (including currency hedging services) and in-house Foreign Exchange offering.
- Process and oversee all cash movements administered by HGI Operations, working in partnership with out-sourced providers to ensure excellent service for our internal and external clients
- Learn how to operate effectively in a global team environment, working in partnership with our colleagues in Denver, Singapore and Australia.
Initially offers will be made for a 12 month Fixed-Term-Contract, our intention is to transition successful trainees into full time employees (FTE). This will of course depend on performance & development during the 12-month introduction period.
75% of Investment 20/20 trainees are offered permanent positions at the end of their 12-month programme. Our trainee programme will introduce you to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience, and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career. You will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and Industry insight events.
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Generous Holiday policies
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits and family services
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace – the mindfulness app
- Corporate membership to ClassPass and other health and well-being benefits
- All employee events
- Lunch allowance for use within subsidized onsite canteen
Must Have Skills
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a Maths, Finance/Economics or Science based subject
- Highly numerate with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical findings in a clear and concise manner to senior colleagues
- Confidence to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and working across departments
- Inquisitive mind with a desire to improve processes, controls and services
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- A positive attitude, good work ethic, initiative and a desire to take on new tasks
Nice to Have Skills
- Ability to prioritise conflicting priorities and have excellent time management skills
- Some exposure to intermediary or advanced Excel functions would be an advantage
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
- Annual performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
- Annual attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.