Who we’re looking for
Schroders’ Apprenticeship programme is your chance to gain two years of hands-on, paid work experience. If you’ve just finished your A-levels or your BTECs then this programme provides you with a chance to explore the world of work.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this apprenticeship programme could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
On this programme, you’ll be part of one of our many teams within the Marketing and Communications division at Schroders, these could include: Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing, Content and Brand and Communications.
As an Apprentice, you will receive ongoing training designed to develop throughout the programme, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge. We support you in completing a professional industry qualification and you’ll be paid competitively above the London living wage. This Apprenticeship is a Level 4 Marketing Executive programme.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You will join as an Apprentice as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with Trainees/Apprentices across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
We are looking for Marketing and Communications Apprentices to support the work of our teams across the Marketing Division. You will be placed in one of our specialist Marketing teams, the details of which will be shared in the next stage of the application process.
Activities you could be involved in
- Assisting in the creation and dissemination of marketing materials
- Work on campaigns across multiple regions and platforms
- Identify and understand the best methods to communicate with our audience
- Assisting with global roll-out of assets and messaging across multiple countries and languages
- Utilise marketing tactics such as content production and distribution, website management, advertising, email promotions and events
- Using our marketing communication tools to send relevant content to clients that helps improve our brand awareness and new opportunities
- Identifying key trends and topics to help improve our communications
- Co-ordinating and embedding feedback from stakeholders across the business
- Helping define processes and efficiencies using data and data-driven insights
- Helping co-ordinate, review and collate research results
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- You must not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship
- Not expect funding for a repeated qualification
- Those undertaking a level 3 or higher apprenticeship must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- Have an interest in marketing and a hunger to learn more about the various aspects
- A team player with a pro-active, flexible approach to getting things done, you’ll love to learn new skills, get involved in variety of tasks and projects and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable with good attention to detail and accuracy, ability to pick up new platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, and the ability to liaise with a variety of staff of all levels
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Outlook and Word.