Trainee Programme Overview
The purpose of the Investment20/20 Trainee Programme at GAM is to enable individuals with limited or no exposure to financial services to start their careers in the investment management industry and gain the skills and experience required to progress their careers within the industry.
This Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme at GAM will be for a fixed term of 12 months and the salary will be £25,000 per annum. Trainees will also be eligible for a number of Company benefits in addition to having the opportunity to get involved with the Sports and Social Club activities.
This role is based in London.
All Trainees will be part of the wider Investment20/20 community with the opportunity to build relationships with Trainees outside of GAM through both social and professional events. Trainees will receive extensive ‘on the job’ training by being assigned to a specific department for the duration of the 12 month contract. Individuals will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the Programme and will gain exposure to the different teams within the department and have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of tasks and projects.
As well as Investment20/20 centrally organised learning and development opportunities and additional training organised by our in-house Talent & Development department, Trainees may be given the opportunity to start an industry recognised professional qualification, if appropriate to their role. Individuals will be provided with training and experience to deliver a presentation and gain exposure to public speaking as part of the Trainee Scheme.
Under the supervision of a team of 4 qualified solicitors, you will assist the UK Legal function on a variety of paralegal and legal administration responsibilities. This is a busy team where you will gain exposure to a broad range of legal and company secretarial work. There are also various projects which you will be assigned to work on and enable you to make a meaningful contribution to the department.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating basic legal agreements including non-disclosure agreements, novation agreements and termination letters relating to GAM’s UK institutional asset management and wealth management businesses.
- Supporting qualified lawyers in the review, negotiation and drafting of more complex legal documents relating to GAM’s UK institutional asset management and wealth management businesses.
- Supporting the legal and company secretarial teams on a variety of business and legal projects including audit of ISDA documentation across our UK, Irish and Offshore Fund ranges, centralising document storage across the global legal team, preparing content for the legal intranet pages.
- Assisting with the preparation and update of legal templates and know how documents.
- Undertaking legal research as required.
Skills and Personal Attributes
If you are graduate with a passion for the law, a keen interest in learning about the Company Secretarial function with the investment management industry and have the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you.
- Flexible, pro-active, motivated approach.
- Good team player with an ability to use initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage expectations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.