Savills Investment Management (Savills IM) is an international real estate investment management firm which is partially owned by Savills plc, the global real estate services group. The firm has over 30 years’ experience, with over 400+ staff employed in 16 locations across 13 countries in Europe and Asia.
Our purpose is to build prosperity by investing in resilient real assets. Our vision is to be a trusted investment manager, respected for our expertise in restorative Real Estate investment enabling people, communities and ecosystems to thrive.
Our Information Technology team supports the business globally, with team members in London, Germany, Milan and Singapore, with the service desk providing day-to-day support to our colleagues for all technology systems.
Working at Savills IM
We are a people business, relying on our people for their expertise, skills and judgement. We look for a bright, diverse workforce, one that is forward looking, entrepreneurial in spirit and is passionate about creating sustainable future for our planet.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion. We are focused on fostering a culture and environment that allows for inclusion and diversity throughout our business. We have several employee led forums which provide support and guidance around Diversity & Inclusion such as LGBTQ+, Age, Gender and Disability.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. The Investment20/20 programme has over 60 investment management member firms and has supported over 2,500 young people to start their career in the industry.
As an IT Service Desk trainee you will be introduced to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships to progress your career and develop skills to secure a permanent role. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events.
Our trainee programme is a 12-month fixed term contract with a competitive salary £27,000 and will receive 25 days annual leave. This role is based in London in the Savills Investment Management office in Oxford Circus and will be 4 days per week in the office and 1 day per week working remotely.
The Savills Investment Management IT team consists of 14 employees globally. You will have the opportunity to work closely with team members in the various regions and will directly support the Head of IT in London and the IT Service Delivery Manager, based in Milan.
At Savills Investment Management career progression is important to us, so we will continue to invest in your development to enable you to have the skills and knowledge to progress within the business. Following successful completion of your traineeship, we intend to make the role permanent with the opportunity to progress into an IT Service Desk Analyst.
As an IT Service Desk Trainee, you will be trained to provide the first line of support and guidance for all technology systems across the business including local regional sites, remote workers and international staff.
Tasks will include:
- Monitoring and logging Service Desk enquiries and updating as required.
- Supporting with the resolution, assignment or escalation of issues.
- Performing administration and housekeeping tasks for the IT Department.
- Assisting with project work.
- Assisting in the creation of documentation to aid IT, business users and colleagues.
- To assist with pro-actively identifying issues and projects, that could improve the resiliency and efficiency of all technical systems.
Skills and requirements
If you are a school/college leaver or graduate, who has a keen interest developing a career in IT support within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- A passion for technology.
- Approachable, friendly and reliable with a can-do, helpful attitude.
- An understanding manner, able to keep calm whilst focusing on resolving issues.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Well organised, hard-working and customer service focused.
- Good prioritisation and time management skills.
- Team player with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft suite and coding skills would be advantage.