This entry level degree apprenticeship is an outstanding starting point for a career in technology. Over a four-year programme, you’ll work in several teams in our Technology department to provide you an in-depth introduction to multiple technology disciplines and Wealth Management more generally. Your role will evolve and develop as the business does and you will be provided with opportunities to build and develop your long-term career at LGT Wealth Management.
You will be part of our IT & Business Solutions team, who are responsible to provide excellent service and IT solutions to support the needs of the business. Within this team, you will have the opportunity to explore many different skills and will be rotated across the following disciplines: IT Service, IT Infrastructure, Application Support, Software Development, Data Development, and Project Management.
This is an opportunity to learn about financial markets, IT infrastructure, specialist business applications, various methodologies to deliver IT solutions, IT tooling and process management. You will initially be expected to provide IT support and process support to a high stand in the various teams that you work with. In time, you will be given more complex work and remit of responsibilities in line with your progression in your role and training.
As an LGT Degree Apprentice, you will be expected to undertake a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree and progress to a career within this department. Your job title will be dependent on the career path chosen at the end of your 4-year programme, subject to your completion of your degree apprenticeship and progression within your role.
For the first year of your apprenticeship, you will be part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in additional training, socials and insight events.
IT & Business Solutions (including Change Management):
Our IT & Business Solutions Department is responsible for the delivery and support of technology solutions to support business operations. Working in cooperation with the LGT global IT departments located in Liechtenstein, we are involved in a broad range of activities including:
- Supporting a diverse array of client and server software applications.
- Development of software, web applications and reports.
- Infrastructure management including data centres, networks, storage systems and servers.
- Telephone and desk-side end user support, including workstations, laptops, printers, telephones, and mobile phones.
- Research and development.
- Project management and programme delivery.
- ITIL and process management to ensure consistent service.
Full training will be given
- To support the business by resolving incidents raised, via different communication methods
- Shadow meetings and assist in creation of meeting packs i.e. change management board, project prioritisation, service reviews etc
- Learn to develop software and data solutions
- Learn to compile reports and analyse data
- Contribute to the management and delivery of projects
- Test and implement changes based on the business needs and requirements.
- Assist in the service lifecycle at all touch points, strategy, design, transition, operation and continual service improvement
- Liaise and engage with the business and internal IT at all levels tailoring communication dependent on audience
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Investment & Wealth Managers (internal staff)
- Investment Assistants (internal staff)
- Custody Services, Client Services and IT & Business Solutions Team Heads
- Service providers
- External Clients via LGT Wealth Support
Your Skills and Academic Requirements
We are keen to receive applications from all backgrounds. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a desire to embark on a career in IT Business Solutions within the Financial Services sector and have the following attributes, we would like to hear from you.
- Although the course requires candidates to hold or have predicted (August 2022 results pending) A-level grades of AAB or equivalent BTEC, we appreciate the need to be flexible given the on-going pandemic and disruption to your school/ college life. If you’ve achieved a little under the course entry requirements, we would still encourage you to apply.
- You have strong numerical literacy and enjoy working with large amounts of data
- You are a good communicator – both verbal and written and enjoy working within a team environment.
- You have demonstratable experience of being able to manage prioritise workloads/studying with a keen eye for detail
- You enjoy solving problems and using your initiative when completing work
- You have a good level of computer skills including good knowledge of using Microsoft Excel and Word.
You do not need to have previous experience or a working knowledge of Wealth Management to apply – we can teach you what you need to know about the industry in order to contribute to your success in the role.