Trainee Programme Overview
The purpose of the Investment20/20 Trainee Programme at GAM is to enable individuals with limited or no exposure to financial services to start their careers in the investment management industry and gain the skills and experience required to progress their careers within the industry.
This Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme at GAM will be for a fixed term of 12 months and the salary will be £25,000 per annum. Trainees will also be eligible for a number of Company benefits in addition to having the opportunity to get involved with the Sports and Social Club activities.
This role is based in London.
All Trainees will be part of the wider Investment20/20 community with the opportunity to build relationships with Trainees outside of GAM through both social and professional events. Trainees will receive extensive ‘on the job’ training by being assigned to a specific department for the duration of the 12 month contract. Individuals will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the Programme and will gain exposure to the different teams within the department and have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of tasks and projects.
As well as Investment20/20 centrally organised learning and development opportunities and additional training organised by our in-house Talent & Development department. Trainees may be given the opportunity to start an industry recognised professional qualification if it is relevant to their role. Individuals will be provided with training and experience to deliver a presentation and gain exposure to public speaking as part of the Trainee Scheme.
The current Investments Business Management team is a team of 2 with a global reach and a continually growing book of work. This has become an increasingly important team in supporting the Investments function across all levels with the development, implementation, embedding and oversight of processes and controls. Given the broad remit and diversity of tasks undertaken by Investments Business Management, working within the team would provide you with not only a strong basis for building a career within Investment Management but also the opportunity to directly interact with both the investment and trading teams as well as the wider GAM business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role you will be trained to contribute to the management, maintenance and development of the following systems and processes:
- The Investments risk and controls MI reporting suite
- The incident management process for investment and trading teams globally
- BAU (Business As Usual) controls and oversight tasks including the weekly fund sign-off, incident reporting, the Investments Oversight Dashboard, Investment Due Diligence monitoring
- The Risk and Controls Self-Assessment process for Investments
In addition, you will:
- Learn to assist with Investments owned policies and procedures including coordinating regular reviews and updates, communication on changes and advising on application of policy detail
- Support with systems utilised by Investments with regards to user access, permissions, and associated reviews
- Assist with with Audit or Compliance issues/actions impacting Investments
- Assist with on-going development and embedding of the ESG framework within Investments
Skills and Personal Attributes
If you are a school leaver and/or graduate who has a keen interest in working within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Flexible, pro-active, motivated approach.
- Strong team player with an ability to use initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.