Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career.
During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment 20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter’s Sports, Social and Arts events
- A salary of £25,000, plus benefits (incl. non-contributory pension, medical insurance and study leave for company approved qualifications)
You will have the opportunity, through the Investment20/20 Ambassador Programme, to return to your school, college or university to raise awareness of Jupiter and the Programme. In addition, we provide our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to you. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including Ethnicity, Faith, Pride and Women in Technology), Art and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
The Investment Risk team are looking for a motivated, ambitious individual that is keen to learn and with an interest in financial markets, the Asset Management industry and the role of Risk Management within the Asset Management. Good numerical skills would be helpful, as would computer skills, especially ability to use programs such as Microsoft Excel.
Our team makes sure that clients are protected and that the product they have acquired is doing what they would reasonably expect it to. The ways we do this include:
- Making sure Jupiter Is meeting its regulatory obligations relevant to our area
- Performing detailed analysis of portfolios for various audiences including Senior Management, Portfolio Managers and Fund Boards
- Providing challenge to Portfolio Managers around their positioning as well as acting as partners and providing metrics that add value to them
Making sure we are continuously reviewing the models that we use to produce our analytics to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to and evolving them as the needs of the team and business evolve over time.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Supporting the daily regulatory and analytical processes performed by the team-be able to run them proficiently and, over time, perform analysis around key metrics and engage with key stakeholders
- Supporting the strategically important target operating model project by supporting on various workstreams when required
- Production of regular and ad hoc analytics provided by the Investment Risk team for stakeholders (both internal and external). Engagement with these stakeholders to ensure that ongoing analytics meet their requirements
- Improving technical knowledge to then be able to better understand the models the team uses
The Ideal Candidate
Jupiter’s Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a collegiate environment
- Inquisitive and enjoys problem solving. Find innovative solutions to problems by thinking outside of the box. Enthusiasm to enhance, improve, optimise and streamline processes.
- We are a diverse team of unconstrained thinkers with challenging and contrasting demands, empathy is a vital ingredient.
- IT skills-some existing IT skills (particularly Excel) would be helpful in the role, as would a desire to improve them further
We always look for the best candidate for each of our opportunities and have no requirements in terms of educational institute attended, subjects studied, previous experience, or grades achieved. We do, however, want people to demonstrate, in their application form, how they have excelled or expanded their knowledge in a particular area and developed the required attributes for these opportunities.