Who we’re looking for
Schroders’ Apprenticeship programme is your chance to gain 2 years, paid work experience. If you’ve just finished your A-levels or your BTECs then this programme provides you with a chance to explore the world of work.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this apprenticeship programme could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
As an Apprentice, you will receive ongoing training designed to develop throughout the programme, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge. We support you in completing a professional industry qualification and you’ll be paid competitively above the London living wage. This is a Level 4 Apprenticeship studying towards the Investment Operations Specialist qualification.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You will join as an Apprentice as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with Trainees/Apprentices across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
This role sits within the Product Management team which is a part of investment team. The Product Management Team provides a bridge between the investment team and the client group (the client-facing part of the business). This role will focus on the Multi-Asset business which is seen as a key element of Schroders’ strategy for growth. You and the team will help to support and grow the Multi-Asset business allowing the portfolio managers to focus on investing.
The team is also the main point of contact with the client group and product development teams within Schroders. The team is involved in a wide range of activities that includes client reporting and servicing, new business pitches, developing new products and being the experts to whom the rest of Schroders will revert to for enquiries on the products and services of Multi-Asset.
Activities you could be involved in
You will be reporting to an Investment Director and working alongside a team on all aspects of product management for our Multi-Asset benchmark relative (BMR) business, including the Scottish Widows and Schroders Personal Wealth accounts, as well as other pooled funds and segregated accounts.
Your primary responsibilities will focus on:
- Product and Client Support
- Product material — Ensure all regular Multi-Asset BMR product presentations and fund updates are produced for distribution to the client group and creating new product content as required.
- Client reports and review presentations – Provide regular updates on market and portfolio performance, as well as portfolio investment strategy, for distribution to existing clients.
- Reporting data – using our internal systems and tools to produce timely and accurate data that feeds into client materials. Identifying opportunities to further automate processes where possible.
- Ad hoc reporting – Support client group teams in responding to client queries etc.
- New Business Development
- RFP (Request for Proposal) ownership — Ensure RFPs (documents where we answer questions as part of a new business pitch) are completed to a high standard and tailored to answer client questions.
- Client Pitches — Assist in the development and production of presentations for client pitches.
- Business Management
- Business strategy support – Maintain and analyse AUM (assets under management), fund flows and competitor analysis relating to the Multi-Asset strategies.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- You must not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship
- Not expect funding for a repeated qualification
- Those undertaking a level 3 or higher apprenticeship must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- Have an interest in marketing and a hunger to learn more about the various aspects
- A team player with a pro-active, flexible approach to getting things done, you’ll love to learn new skills, get involved in variety of tasks and projects and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail, numeric and highly analytical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn to work on your own initiative, managing deadlines and prioritising
- Proactive approach to tasks and ability to anticipate needs from around the business and organise work accordingly.