Who we’re looking for
If you are a school-leaver interested in the world of Technology, but considering an alternative option to going to university, or you are just looking to take a different approach to your career and would like to gain a qualification in Technology, our Global Technology Apprenticeship Programme will give you the right opportunity to take the first step in setting yourself up for a great career with a reputable company and earn while you learn.
As a Schroders Global Technology Apprentice, you will spend 20% of your time working towards achieving an accredited professional qualification and the rest of your time will be spent working with our highly experienced, friendly and passionate team who are ready to support you in gaining the right skills and confidence you need to build your technical expertise. This is a Level 3 apprenticeship on the information Communication Technician programme studying for the ITIL V4 qualification.
*Please note we do not accept graduates or individuals currently studying towards a degree
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
You’ll be based in our Schroders Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. This picturesque location is home to our new Technology Operations Centre (TOC), where our dedicated team is focused on embracing digital transformation. As part of this exciting new site, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside inquisitive individuals who are eager to ask questions and collaborate.
The Schroders Campus upholds the same high standards and international reputation as our headquarters in the City of London. However, being situated in the countryside offers a refreshing change of pace from the bustling city environment. You’ll enjoy the benefits of a spacious campus surrounded by nature and life at our Horsham offices will feel distinctly different. Some traveling to our London office will be required.
You will join as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
The Team – IT Service Desk
The Schroders Service Desk head up the front lines of the IT Service teams. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and quick responses to our users.
To achieve this goal we have hired people who have great interpersonal skills, implemented new modern tools and follow a shift left mentality which allows us to automate as much as possible.
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Schroders Campus means there’s a great working environment for the team.
What you’ll do
As a Service Desk apprentice, you will spend 20% of your time working towards achieving the ITIL V4 qualification; the rest of your time will be spent working with your team and gaining the skills you need to build your expertise. Some of the tasks and projects you’ll be involved in are:
- Gaining hands-on experience with monitoring our IT network infrastructure using different tools and technologies and understanding how an IT service desk operates in a business like Schroders
- Working with a variety of people from across IT Services including Network, Security, Storage, Servers, and Applications on end to end projects
- Take responsibility for your very own Business Project on an area you’re passionate about and personalised to your career goals
- Providing excellent customer service to users and clients
- Learning from highly experienced members of staff, and gaining the experience and knowledge required to become a great service desk technician
- You will learn how to resolve any incident that is raised by a user
- Hands-on experience with Request management, which can range from deploying an application to a users machine to creating a shared mailbox
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- At the start of your new apprenticeship, it is important that you are not currently enrolled in another funded apprenticeship or any other funded further education or higher education program.
- Please note that funding for a repeated qualification is not available
- Those undertaking a level 3 or higher apprenticeship must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help:
- A flexible approach and willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Numerate and enjoys problem solving
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.