Who we’re looking for
If you’ve just finished school or college, and gained A-levels or BTECs, and you’re not sure that university is for you, then our two year Apprenticeship Programme provides you with a chance to take the first step in your career and earn while you learn.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this apprenticeship could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
On this programme, you’ll be part of the Fixed Income Product team within the Investment part of our business. You’ll receive ongoing training designed to develop you throughout the two years, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge. We support you to take the CFA UK Level 4 Certificate in Investment Management (IMC) which is a professional industry qualification.
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business
You will join as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with others across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
The Fixed Income division is a key element of Schroders’ product offering that continues to experience significant growth in the range and depth of investment options for clients. The Product Management team sits within Investment and is responsible for managing the fixed income portfolio of business, allowing fund managers to focus on investing.
The function acts as a link between the investment team and client services/sales, supporting growth and ongoing profitability. The team is involved in a range of high volume activities that include servicing existing clients, preparation for new business pitches, developing new products and being subject matter experts for other parts of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain department statistics, including product AUMs (Assets Under Management) and team changes
- Help prepare PowerPoint presentations for client pitches, portfolio review meetings and conferences
- Liaise with teams across the business to co-ordinate product support in multiple time zones
- Help respond to ad hoc queries from internal teams
- Provide ongoing support to Product Executives and Investment Directors across the London-managed fixed income fund range
- Help prepare client reporting packages on monthly and quarterly reporting cycles
- Liaise with overseas Product Management and Sales & Distribution teams
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- At the start of your new apprenticeship, it is important that you are not currently enrolled in another funded apprenticeship or any other funded further education or higher education program.
- Please note that funding for a repeated qualification is not available
- Those undertaking a level 3 or higher apprenticeship must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help:
- An interest in investments/financial services
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- Not afraid to put your hand up and ask questions
- A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment, while having an ability to deliver tasks on time
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Willingness to do additional qualifications and studying
- Happy to work independently as well as in a group