Trainee Programme Overview
The purpose of the Investment20/20 Trainee Programme at GAM is to enable individuals with limited or no exposure to financial services to start their careers in the investment management industry and gain the skills and experience required to progress their careers within the industry.
This Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme at GAM will be for a fixed term of 12 months and the salary will be £25,000 per annum. Trainees will also be eligible for a number of Company benefits in addition to having the opportunity to get involved with the Sports and Social Club activities.
This role is based in London.
All Trainees will be part of the wider Investment20/20 community with the opportunity to build relationships with Trainees outside of GAM through both social and professional events. Trainees will receive extensive ‘on the job’ training by being assigned to a specific department for the duration of the 12 month contract. Individuals will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the Programme and will gain exposure to the different teams within the department and have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of tasks and projects.
As well as Investment20/20 centrally organised learning and development opportunities and additional training organised by our in-house Learning & Development Department. Trainees may be given the opportunity to start an industry recognised professional qualification if it is relevant to their role. Individuals will be provided with training and experience to deliver a presentation and gain exposure to public speaking as part of the Trainee Scheme.
The Group Business Finance team provides the business, C-suite and Board with timely and insightful management information to drive strategic decisions and you will assist a small team of Finance Business Partners with a number of monthly activities to support that.
The Group Business Finance team offers a great learning experience across the firm, as we work wit every functional area in the organisation. You will have exposure to senior management from day one and will be able to network widely across the firm and learn about what makes an investment firm “tick”. This breadth of experience offers developmental opportunities across Finance but also in other parts of the organisation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Finance Business Partners in quarterly and annual planning and forecasting activities
- Support the production of the monthly Asset Under Management (AUM) numbers for GAM
- Support the Distribution teams with information on AUM for Request For Proposal (RFPs) to drive new business opportunities.
- Support the production of functional performance variance evaluation of budgeted to actual monthly results
- Monthly FTE (Full Time Equivalent) analysis against budget
- Performing deep dives into spend categories, ensuring accuracy of data and postings
- Preparing rolling forecasts throughout the year to re-assess financial performance
- Perform ad-hoc financial evaluations for function heads, for example on business cases for new projects; detailed dives into account line spend
Skills and Personal Attributes
If you are a graduate who is eager to begin study towards a relevant accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Good organisational skills
- Numerate and enjoys problem solving
- Ability to work to time critical deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A desire to learn
- Good written and verbal communication skills
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.