Trainee Programme Overview
The purpose of the Investment20/20 Trainee Programme at GAM is to enable individuals with limited or no exposure to financial services to start their careers in the investment management industry and gain the skills and experience required to progress their careers within the industry.
This Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme at GAM will be for a fixed term of 12 months and the salary will be £25,000 per annum. Trainees will also be eligible for a number of Company benefits in addition to having the opportunity to get involved with the Sports and Social Club activities.
This role is based in London
All Trainees will be part of the wider Investment20/20 community with the opportunity to build relationships with Trainees outside of GAM through both social and professional events. Trainees will receive extensive ‘on the job’ training by being assigned to a specific department for the duration of the 12 month contract. Individuals will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the Programme and will gain exposure to the different teams within the department and have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of tasks and projects.
As well as Investment20/20 centrally organised learning and development opportunities and additional training organised by our in-house Talent & Development department, Trainees may be given the opportunity to start an industry recognised professional qualification, if appropriate to their role. Individuals will be provided with training and experience to deliver a presentation and gain exposure to public speaking as part of the Trainee Scheme.
The Distribution COO team of 4 covers key support functions for the Distribution business, including Client Operations, Client Relationship Management (CRM) and Sales Management. You will be rotated across the different functions in the Distribution COO team, allowing you to gain an overview of the Distribution business and the broader organisation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Client Operations team on attestations, due diligence, agreement and obligations management and AUM reporting
- Work with the CRM team to generate mailings, review and cleanse data, assist in the production of training materials
- Work with Sales Management to provide information to Senior Management on Distribution activities and clients
- Work with Distribution Governance on ad-hoc projects as required
Skills and Personal Attributes
If you are a school leaver or graduate who has a keen interest in working within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- A team player who is a self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Numerate with good attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills and comfortable working with data from various sources
- Good organisational skills
- Inquisitive with a strong desire to learn and develop
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.