Independent and owner-managed, Artemis is an investment management company that opened for business in 1997. Its aim was, and still is, exemplary investment performance and client service. We believe that the key to good client outcomes is creating and maintaining a healthy, customer-centric culture. At Artemis, we have defined the following core cultural principles as most important to us:
- Clients come first – We aim to deliver exemplary performance for our clients over the long term. In doing so, we are responsive to our clients’ expectations, treat them fairly in every interaction and communicate with them in an open
and transparent manner.
- Collaboration – We believe in creating a collegiate atmosphere where the collective experience of our specialist teams and broader business will help to deliver favourable client outcomes. At Artemis, we promote positive interactions, co-operation and teamwork across all levels of the business and across different functions.
- Integrity and accountability – The character of our people, across all areas of our business, is as important as their technical expertise. We believe all individuals must have integrity, be accountable for their areas of responsibility and demonstrate effective risk management at all times. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people who all see Artemis as a desirable place to work and who always act in the best interests of our clients.
Artemis currently employs just over 215 talented people in our Edinburgh and London offices. With fewer staff than one might expect for the size and growth of the business, each individual’s contribution is vital to the success of the company.
How we relate to the world beyond fund management is also part of the distinctive Artemis culture. Each year the firm gives a fixed proportion of revenues to the Artemis Charitable Foundation. Our staff and the trustees choose which charities will benefit from that income. We encourage all employees to get involved directly too, through a wide variety of activities: from cleaning up local waterways or giving up chocolate to mentoring a teenager and taking part in marathons and extreme adventure races. Meanwhile, Artemis has long had a policy of matching personal charitable donations by partners and staff.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. If you perform well, there is a potential that the role will become permanent at the end of the 12-month fixed term contract.
Our traineeship will introduce you to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career and provide you with a variety of skills. We will support you in achieving a professional qualification if this is something you are interested in doing. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 200 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events. Our trainee programme is a fixed term one-year contract paying £22,000. You will receive 30 days annual leave. All roles are based in Edinburgh.
Investment Operations Team
This role is in the Investment Operations team which is based in our Edinburgh office. You will join a team of six in Edinburgh. The Investment Operations team supports the Fund management team, oversees the post investment and execution process and our third party administrators.
The key function of the role is completing daily maintenance of security-level data where the securities are either holdings of an Artemis fund or reference securities required for valuation of an Artemis fund and to ensure that the firm’s security data is complete, accurate, appropriately sourced and up to date at all times.
You will be trained to use the Charles River Data Management system and our data management tool, Curium.
This is a new role established to assist the existing Data Management Analyst with daily tasks so the function can be expanded to other areas such as Data Governance.
- Completing daily checklist of data management and assisting the Investment Operations team in the completion of daily tasks.
- Verifying the static data of all new securities.
- Monitoring the Data Team mailbox, responding to queries and investigating errors and resolving tickets created by the data management tool, Curium.
- Reviewing exceptions highlighted by Charles River Data Management System to confirm trading system data is correct.
- Preparing and maintain procedures, processes and controls documents, ensuring all department procedures and checklists remain up to date.
If you are a graduate who has an interest in working within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interest in hearing from you:
- Comfortable working with data with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret data from multiple sources to confirm trading system data is accurate.
- Methodical and enjoys working with processes.
- Team player with good communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity with Charles River, Bloomberg or SQL would be an advantage but isn’t necessary as full training will be given.