Who we’re looking for
If you’ve just finished school or college, and gained A-levels or BTECs, and you’re not sure that university is for you, then our two year Corporate Sustainability (Workplace Services) Apprenticeship Programme provides you with a chance to take the first step in your career and earn while you learn.
You’ll be part of our Sustainability team within Workplace Services which is part of infrastructure. We help to provide critical services that support our wider business. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn, has a passion for sustainability and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to our organisation’s sustainability strategy. This Apprenticeship is designed to provide experience and exposure to various aspects of corporate sustainability. You will get hands-on experience in setting sustainability strategies and reporting across, our offices, supply chain, business travel and wider infrastructure, as well as working towards your Level 4 – Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Practitioner qualification.
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
You will join as an apprentice as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees and apprentices across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
You’ll be part of the Sustainability team, within Workplace Services which provides facilities, estates management, utilities, travel management and physical security services internally to Schroders. They are also responsible for operational sustainability strategy and reporting and drive emission reductions across the Group.
You will also work with our central Corporate Sustainability team who are responsible for devising and delivering Corporate Sustainability strategy around people and planet for the Group.
What you’ll do
As a Schroders apprentice, you will spend 20% of your time working towards achieving the Level 4 – Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Practitioner qualification, the rest of your time will be spent working with your team and gaining the skills you need to build your expertise. Some of the tasks and projects you’ll be involved in are:
- Support the monthly collating, inputting, verification and analysis of environmental data working with the Head of Climate and Environment, Corporate Sustainability.
- Support implementation of sustainability policies and practices across our global offices
- Act as a champion for environmental issues within the organisation, identifying opportunities for environmental initiatives and support to implement office sustainability action plans.
- Support our Supply Chain Sustainability Manager to gather data and information on our suppliers and their sustainability commitments.
- Conduct research on sustainability best practices, industry trends, and regulatory requirements to support decision-making processes.
- Support sustainability working group meetings to maintain meeting minutes and action logs.
- Assist in the preparation of sustainability communications, including internal newsletters, reports, and presentations and contribute to the development and delivery of sustainability awareness programmes for employees.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- At the start of your new apprenticeship, it is important that you are not currently enrolled in another funded apprenticeship or any other funded further education or higher education program.
- Please note that funding for a repeated qualification is not available
- Those undertaking a level 3 or higher apprenticeship must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- A-levels or equivalent qualification in a relevant field (e.g., Geography, Environmental Studies, Business, Economics)
- Good research and analytical skills
- Any experience in providing excellent customer service in any industry
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- A team player with good communication skills and a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
- You’ll be flexible and eager to learn and enjoy working with others to get the best results