Who we’re looking for
Schroders’ traineeship programme is your chance to gain a year of hands-on, paid work experience. If you’ve just finished your A-levels or your BTECs then this programme provides you with a chance to explore the world of work.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this traineeship could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
On this programme, you’ll be part of our Compliance or Group Governance Teams within the Wealth or Infrastructure parts of our business.
As a trainee, you will receive ongoing training designed to develop throughout the year, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge. We support you to take the Investment Foundation Certificate, which is a professional industry qualification and you’ll be paid competitively above the London living wage.
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
The Group Governance (Corporate and Asset Management) teams are responsible for the Schroders plc Group’s overall governance structure – companies, joint ventures, investment trusts and funds. We provide company secretarial services to Schroders plc and the Group’s UK subsidiaries, and certain overseas entities. We establish, implement, communicate and manage appropriate standards of governance for the Group.
What you’ll do
You will gain an understanding of the legislative requirements for the Group and be performing a variety of administrative tasks. Some of the projects you’ll be involved in are:
- Coordinating board meetings: organise meetings and scheduling, preparing and circulating documentation
- Preparing for the Schroders plc Annual General Meeting
- Preparing and proof-reading first drafts of investment trust annual reports, board papers and audit requests and taking minutes
- Assisting with the preparation of micro-entity accounts process
- Liaising with teams across the business and updating the intranet webpage
- Undertaking research on governance topics
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- At the start of your new trainee programme, it is important that you are not currently enrolled in another funded trainee programme or any other funded further education or higher education programme
- Please note that funding for a repeated qualification is not available
- Those undertaking a level 3 must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help:
- A flexible approach and willing to get involved in variety of task and projects
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.