Who we’re looking for
If you’ve just finished school or college, and gained A-levels or BTECs, and you’re not sure that university is for you, then our two year Apprenticeship Programme provides you with a chance to take the first step in your career and earn while you learn.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this apprentice programme could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
On this programme, you’ll be part of our Risk & Compliance Team within the Infrastructure part of our business.
As an apprentice, you will receive ongoing training designed to develop throughout the two years, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge. We support you to take the Investment Foundation Certificate, which is a professional industry qualification and you’ll be paid competitively above the London living wage.
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
You will join as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with others across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
The Team – Central Risk & Compliance
The Central Risk & Compliance team owns and manages global risk and compliance frameworks, exercises oversight of their application and provides support to global functional teams and business areas including through assurance activities, training, policies, and supporting employee compliance.
As the financial services industry is tightly regulated, a key function of our team is to ensure that we adhere to these regulations in everything we do. But compliance is about more than just responding to regulation. Schroders’ commitment to conducting business with honesty and integrity means supporting our employees in delivering the highest standards.
What you’ll do
Some of the tasks and projects you’ll be involved in are:
- Investigating and communicating the impact of new regulations on Schroders
- Helping to ensure and monitor that our businesses are operating in a compliant way either by looking at themes or by specific processes (such as personal account trade surveillance)
- Supporting projects inside and outside of the department including taking minutes at team meetings, helping with ad-hoc presentation materials and creating reports
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- At the start of your new apprenticeship, it is important that you are not currently enrolled in another funded apprenticeship or any other funded further education or higher education program.
- Please note that funding for a repeated qualification is not available
- Those undertaking a level 3 or higher apprenticeship must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help:
- A flexible approach and willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
- You’ll be flexible and eager to learn and enjoy working with others to get the best results