Who we’re looking for
If you’ve just finished school or college, and gained A-levels or BTECs, and you’re not sure that university is for you, then our 2-year Client Group Apprenticeship provides you with a chance to take the first step in your career and earn while you learn.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this apprenticeship programme could be for you seeing as the key purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
On this programme, you’ll be part of the Sales teams within our Client Group department.
You will get hands-on experience with the department, find out how the sales teams operate within Schroders as well as working towards a professional qualification. This is a Level 4 Apprenticeship.
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
You will join as an apprentice as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
The Schroders Client Group is a dedicated team of professions that work collaboratively to ensure that Schroders delivers a seamless and tailored service to our clients. The team is made up of experts from across the organisation, including Sales, Business Development and Client Service. By working together, the Client Group drives collaboration and a deep understanding of our clients’ needs, which allows us to provide them with the best possible investment solutions. The Client Group ensures that clients receive a consistent and high-quality experience, delivering the best of Schroders to our clients.
Who are our clients
Schroders’ clients are diverse and come from a variety of institution types and regions across the globe. Some Examples of our clients include;
- Central banks & sovereign wealth funds
- Pensions schemes
- Family offices
- Wealth advisors
What you’ll do
As an apprentice, you will spend 20% of your time working towards achieving your qualification the rest of your time will be spent working with your team and gaining the skills you need to build your expertise.
You’ll be working alongside a specific Sales team for the duration of your apprenticeship these could include UK Institutional, UK Intermediary, Client Services, Client Group Operations and Strategic Client Group. More information will be provided on the specific teams during the selection stage of the interview process. As an apprentice you will look to understand the needs of the team’s client base and deliver a high quality service.
- Responsibility for day-to-day servicing of a shared client base to ensure consistent delivery of a high quality and seamless service offering
- Develop an understanding and build relationships with clients and attend client events
- Respond promptly and professionally to queries from clients email and phone
- Learn about UK Corporate Pension Schemes, our investment capabilities and offering to the investors
- Support our sales teams with their activities marketing our capabilities to Independent Financial Advisors (IFAs), Wealth Managers, Private Banks and Family offices.
- Act as the first point of contact for all administrative issues and respond promptly and professionally to operational / investment queries from clients and consultants
- Building an understanding of client data and collaborating with a wide range of teams across the business including legal, investment desks and the wider distribution teams
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- You must be 18 years old by 2 September to apply for the 2024 intake
- You must have gained A-levels (or equivalent) in any subjects – no minimum UCAS point required
- You must not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship
- Not expect funding for a repeated qualification
- Those undertaking a level 3 or higher apprenticeship must achieve a level 2 in both English and maths (i.e. a GSCE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4)) or equivalent
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- A flexible approach and willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Numerate and enjoys problem solving
- Any experience in providing excellent customer service in any industry will be helpful.
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
- You’ll be flexible with a keen eye for detail and have a good level of IT skills
- You will have a natural flair for developing relationships and an entrepreneurial approach to work