The purpose of the Investment20/20 Trainee Programme at GAM is to enable individuals with limited or no exposure to financial services to start their careers in the investment management industry and gain the skills and experience required to progress their careers within the industry.
This Investment20/20 Trainee Scheme at GAM will be for a fixed term of 12 months and the salary will be £22,000 per annum. Trainees will also receive a bonus of £2,000 on starting with GAM to assist with expenses, travel etc. Trainees will also be eligible for a number of Company benefits in addition to having the opportunity to get involved with the Sports and Social Club activities. Upon successful completion of the Trainee Programme, all Trainees will be eligible to be considered for a discretionary additional payment of up to £1,000.
This role is based in London.
All Trainees will be part of the wider Investment20/20 community with the opportunity to build relationships with Trainees outside of GAM through both social and professional events. Trainees will receive extensive ‘on the job’ training by being assigned to a specific department for the duration of the 12 month contract. Individuals will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the Programme and will gain exposure to the different teams within the department and have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of tasks and projects.
As well as Investment20/20 centrally organised learning and development opportunities and additional training organised by our in-house Talent & Development department, Trainees will be given the opportunity to start an industry recognised professional qualification. Individuals will be provided with training and experience to deliver a presentation and gain exposure to public speaking as part of the Trainee Scheme.
The team currently consists of 4 Client Relationship Managers (CRM) and 1 Client Support Manager. We form the Wealth Management team in the UK (there will also be teams in Switzerland and Singapore). Our purpose to is to manage the relationships of private clients be they ultra-high net worth individuals, trusts, family offices and corporate entities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Full training will be given:
- Liaise between CRM’s, GAM Zurich and Multrees Investor Servicer ( external operations supplier) in order to ensure that all admin aspects of client work is operationally correct.
- Assist CRM’s in preparing presentation materials for client and prospect meetings
- Assist in the management of all client communications
- Oversee and monitor various compliance and risk requirements of the team and also the CRM system
- Assist CRMs in developing Business Development strategies and liaise with GAM marketing and events teams
- General team admin (expenses, travel, CPD, etc)
Skills and Personal Attributes
If you are a school/college leaver or graduate who has a keen interest in working within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- A team player who is a self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude and a passion for customer service
- Numerate, enjoys problem-solving and working with structured processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Inquisitive with a strong desire to learn and develop
- Experience using Excel an advantage but not necessary
GAM offers a comprehensive range of benefits and performance-based compensation, along with a variety of lifestyle and family benefits to promote well-being in and out of the workplace. These benefits vary according to local market conditions. Please contact the local Human Resources team for further details.