Wellington Management, headquartered in Boston, is a private, independent Investment Management company and was established in 1928. “Our mission is simple: We seek to exceed the investment objectives and service expectations for our clients worldwide.” Our private partnership model allows us to have the best interests of our clients and our distinct motto “Client Firm Self” is embedded throughout the firm. The culture at Wellington Management makes us truly unique within the Investment Management industry. We are open, collaborative, performance driven, professional and collegial. We have high standards coupled with strong ethics/integrity and we encourage diversity and inclusion globally. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialised subject matter expertise.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events. Our trainee programme is a permanent placement with a starting salary of £28,000. You will receive 25 days annual leave. The role is based in London and we have a hybrid working policy in place.
Client Service Management contributes to Wellington Management’s mission by delivering first class client service across the full breadth of business channels and markets covered in the EMEA region. Client Service Associate will work closely with Client Service Managers and be accountable for coordinating client related activities within our Client Group (CG), as well as other Wellington line functions to ensure that we successfully deliver on the agreed upon operating and reporting requirements of each of our client relationships.
This role offers the opportunity to develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management’s product offering and investment processes. The Client Services Associate will work closely with the relevant Client Service Manager, to provide timely and accurate support to our clients. He/she will coordinate production of client/consultant reporting and presentations, respond to enquiries on a wide variety of operational and portfolio specific topics. Client Services Associates also participate in various projects and cross functional working groups related to the Client Service Management function.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Act as a point of contact within Client Service Management to respond to client issues
- Conducting analysis, initiating investigations and responding to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, custodian and fund accounting queries, compliance issues, legal contracts and fees
- Learn to manage account opening, transition management, account restructuring and account closing processes
- Participation in in-house client and consultant meetings and conference calls as appropriate
- Develop an understanding of the regulatory landscape and how it impacts the services we deliver to clients and prospects
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will be a graduate with a keen interest in investment management and the following skills and attributes.
- Good organization skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong client service ethic and mindset,
- Numerate with the ability to be forensic and interpret data
- Inquisitive with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proficiency in a European language / languages will be advantageous