You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. While we can’t guarantee a permanent position at the end of the 12 month contract, it is our intention to make the offer, but this is up to how well you perform. 75% of Investment20/20 trainees are offered permanent positions.
Our trainee programme will introduce you to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career and provide you with skills to secure a permanent role. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 200 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events.
Our trainee programme is a fixed term one year contract paying £23,000 per annum. And is aimed at graduates. Full time employees receive 25 days annual leave, this will be adjusted depending on your start date. Your role will be based in London.
This is a programme intended to give you a breadth of knowledge and experience within the business to enable you to make informed decisions about where you would like to develop your career.
The Business Risk, Culture & Resilience (BRC&R) team are a group of policy specialists who support member firms. We work with the industry, regulators, and government to shape and support change in financial services. Seen as a source of subject matter expertise working with the team provides an opportunity to gain an overview of the many facets of investment management in the UK.
The team build rapport and maintain close relationships with members to best support their firm and the individuals within the firm. We answer questions from members on various aspects of policy and gain an understanding of the issuing affecting these firms through the committees and working groups that we support. We produce policy papers and provide responses to consultations on a wide range of topics including culture and conduct, operational and cyber resilience, financial crime, tax and prudential.
The BRC&R Trainee will gain invaluable experience of working within the leading trade body for asset and wealth management in the UK. You will learn all about the investment management industry and have a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a diverse range of subject areas and influential people. You will have opportunity to shadow the members of the team gaining an understanding of our work with the industry, regulators, and government. No day will be the same and you will be involved in a wide variety of work streamsthat will develop your skill set and assist
you in identifying the areas of the industry that are of most interest to you.
To provide administrative and technical support to the IA’s BRC&R team. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the team to support members and assist with the running of events, conferences and webinars.
- Attending external webinars and training and providing feedback to the team.
- Supporting the operation of IA committees and working groups-preparation of agendas and minutes. Collation of committee packs.
- Act as a point of contact for members and helping to answer queries.
- Look after the relevant policy are a of the website.
- Co-ordination of team responses to internal requests for information.
- Supporting the team to produce externally facing materials for webinars, training events and social media.
If you are a graduate who has an interest in working within financial servicesand has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Ability to plan and prioritise important tasks and work to deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good IT literacy with the ability to pick up new skills quickly.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills conveying messagesaccurately, concisely.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a small team and to contribute to the wider work of the Investment Association. A premium is placed on an open and friendly personality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with internal and external customers.
- Inquisitive and enjoys interpreting information and problem solving.
The Investment Association
The Investment Association, otherwise known as the IA, is the trade body that represents UK investment managers. We are a membership organisation and have over 270 member investment companies. We promote UK investment management, which is the largest industry of its kind in Europe and the second largest in the world.