This entry level degree apprenticeship is an outstanding starting point for a career in Business Operations.
Over a four year programme, you’ll be rotated across a number of teams/areas to provide you an in depth introduction in Business Operations and Wealth Management more generally. Your role will evolve and develop as the business does and you will be provided with opportunities to build and develop your long-term career at LGT Wealth Management.
You will be part of our busy Business Operations based teams, who are responsible to provide high quality and efficient oversight, processing and reporting across all our business/client related activities.
This is an opportunity to learn about the wealth management industry, develop your business analytical skills and understand how our Business Operation functions provide support to our client-facing teams and ultimately how we provide a best in class service to our clients.
As an LGT Degree Apprentice, you will be expected to undertake a BSc Business Management (Social Change) degree, and progress to an Analyst within a four year timeframe subject to your completion of your degree apprenticeship and performance within your role.
For the first year of your apprenticeship, you will be part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in additional training, socials and insight events.
Business Unit Rotations
Our Business Operations Approach
When LGT was formed it was agreed that all Business Operations functions would be managed internally. Taking this approach provides us greater flexibility to the service we are able to offer our clients, rather than being tied to the restrictive Service Level Agreements by outsourcing certain functions to different businesses. As there are no external providers involved, all processing for both London & Jersey clients is undertaken in house. Across all of our Business Operations teams we have approximately 100 staff and are continuing to expand due to the exciting growth of our UK and Jersey business.
Below is an overview of our Business Operations teams that you will gain exposure to during your apprenticeship.
Operations is the engine room of our Firm providing a wide range of essential support and services for the Investment/Wealth Asset Managers, their teams, and their Clients.
The Custody Services unit comprises several teams:
- Settlements team: Responsible for the accurate and timely settlement of all trade purchases and sales for the Firm in Funds, Equities and Bonds both in the UK and overseas.
- Corporate Actions team: Processing of dividend distributions and interest on fixed income products (including the appropriate tax withholding) or mandatory/voluntary corporate events for the Firms assets under management.
- Transfer team: Manages all aspects of the client transfer in/out process for all product types.
- Treasury team: Manages all the Firm’s cash movements in multiple currencies and the funding of its bank accounts. This also includes maintaining relationships with our sponsoring banks and those organisations we hold term deposits with.
- Data Management team: Responsible for providing support in delivering on the firm’s data strategy for Operations by establishing and maintaining data processes, controls, procedures, and methodologies in line with agreed firm wide governance policies and standards.
CASS team: Oversees the Firms compliance with the FCA’s client asset rules contained within the Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS).
Our Client Services Team plays an important role in acting as a link between Front Office and Operations by assisting both areas to meet the client’s needs.
Our Client Services unit compromises of several teams including:
- Client Reporting team: Covers a wide range of client reporting related activities and monitors the accuracy of portfolio performance and ensure quarterly valuations and year-end tax packs are provided to clients.
- Client Product Support team: Provides ownership and support for all services relating to non-custodied investments.
- Client Due Diligence team: Responsible for performing due diligence when on-boarding clients, which includes KYC / AML reviews in accordance with FCA regulations and company policies, and account closing. This team works closely with the Front Office, Compliance and Legal teams.
- Client Dealing team: Responsible for the execution of all trades across our business.
Full training will be given
- To learn how we explore, research, and create/enhance business opportunities in line with regulatory changes and developments in the market.
- Shadow meetings and team training events.
- Learn how to compile reports and analyse data.
- Answer inbound queries from our stakeholders.
- Provide (and in time take ownership of) administrative support to the teams you work with and projects as needed.
- Ensure the administrative and organisational tasks of your team are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Investment & Wealth Managers (internal staff)
- Investment Assistants (internal staff)
- Custody Services, Client Services and IT & Business Solutions Team Heads
- Service providers
We are keen to receive applications from all backgrounds. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a desire to embark on a career in Business Operations within the Financial Services sector and have the following attributes, we would like to hear from you.
- Although the course requires candidates to hold or have predicted (August 2022 results pending) A-level grades of 3 A’s or the equivalent BTEC points we appreciate the need to be flexible given the on-going pandemic and disruption to your school/ college life. If you’ve achieved a little under the course entry requirements, we would still encourage you to apply.
- You have strong numerical literacy and enjoy working with large amounts of data
- You are a good communicator – both verbal and written, and enjoy working within a team environment.
- You have demonstratable experience of being able to manage prioritise workloads/studying with a keen eye for detail
- You are enjoys solving problems and using your initiative when completing work
- You have a good level of computer skills including good knowledge of using Microsoft Excel and Word.
You do not need to have previous experience or a working knowledge of Wealth Management to apply – we can teach you what you need to know about the industry in order to contribute to your success in the role.