At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Barings is seeking candidates for summer internship positions. The Barings Internship Programme is intended to provide students with a comprehensive learning experience that affords students with a role that closely resembles the role of a full-time analyst. The programme will come to fruition with a project presentation that the student has worked on throughout their time at Barings. The Barings Internship Programme also includes social events, networking opportunities, involvement in the community, and training.
- 9-week programme with potential to convert to an Analyst Programme offer based on strong performance and the needs of the business
- Positions in Fixed Income, Analytics, Real Estate, Equities and more
- Support underwriting efforts for debt/equity opportunities including:
- Market research
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Risk analysis and valuation
- Draft investment memos
- Ongoing portfolio monitoring, analysis and valuation
- Assist with special ad-hoc projects, presentations and initiatives
- Excels academically
- Business (Finance), Real Estate, Engineering or Economics majors preferred
- Candidates in their penultimate year of their bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet and various publications
- Excellent writing and communications skills and ability to work as a member of a fast-paced, transaction oriented team
- Self-starter, must be organized and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BARINGS WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Barings U.S. based payroll.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients’ interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors’ capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.