Our graduate scheme is no easy ride – but it is a chance to help millions of people secure their financial future. It starts with an intensive induction programme. Who we are. The terminology we use. The solutions we provide (and the systems and tools we use to do it). While undeniably demanding, it’s not as daunting as it sounds, you’ll be assigned a resident buddy to help you settle in. Then, you’ll work alongside experienced senior professionals, and contribute real solutions to real clients.
On joining you will be assigned to the Asset Liability Management (ALM) team. All our investment consulting advice is based on rigorous and best-in-class research, the bulk of which is delivered by ALM – making it our main delivery engine. This is a highly quantitative role. Practical on the job learning is supplemented with opportunities to be involved in knowledge sharing sessions and industry seminars, accompanied with the motivation you need, to successfully complete and gain professional qualifications such as the CFA or FIA.
Proven ability is rewarded here, both with rapid career and salary progression. You will join us as a permanent employee from September.
As a member of the team, you will
- Model asset classes such as equities, credit, bonds, derivatives, hedge funds and other alternatives using in-house tools, in conjunction with modelling pension funds’ contingent liabilities.
- Design and implement capital market and Liability Driven Investment (LDI) solutions to reduce risk or increase expected return.
- Assess the risks in pension funds
- Monitor the markets, and keep abreast of key developments.
- Liaise with investment consultants to understand the needs of the client
You are likely to be
- A STEM Graduate with excellent academic performance (Minimum of 2:1)
- Highly analytical
- Interested in finance, capital markets, statistics and modelling
- A good communicator (Written)
Show the potential to develop
- Good verbal communication skills
- A flexible approach and high personal standards
- The ability work well when the pressure is on
Your might also have
- Curiosity, always looking to innovate and experiment with something new
- The ability to understand, evaluate and learn quickly
- A ‘get your hands dirty’ mindset
- Ambitions to make a difference
- An eye for detail – always crossing the ‘T’s and dotting the ‘I’s
Why work for us?
- A day off for your birthday
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday
- 7% Employer contribution to Pension with 2% matching option to your pension or an ISA
- ULEV car leasing scheme
- Social Events
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and cereal (when we are in the office)
- Time off over Christmas without using annual leave
- Gym subsidy
- Training and continuous development
Redington co-founders Robert Gardner and Dawid Konotey-Ahulu started Redington with a vision: to transform people’s experience of saving for retirement from fear and uncertainty to clarity, confidence and control.
Over a decade later, two employees have become scores, and millions look forward to a more secure future because we dare to do things differently. Our Investment Consultants, Specialists and Tech Aficionados break the mould daily to ensure we continue our mission to help 100 million people enjoy a financially secure retirement.
Here’s to the future.