Why work for us?
Janus Henderson is a leading global active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Our team exemplifies our values of putting clients first, acting like owners and succeeding as a team. Our culture is high-energy, collaborative, and forward-thinking with opportunities to grow in an exciting career. We invite you to consider joining our dynamic team!
This role is a Level 3 Investment Operations Technician Apprenticeship which is a work based qualification combining practical training in a job and study.
- Complete / support time critical management of work queues, which receive the query referrals from SS&C/IFDS, our UK/ Lux and Irish Fund TA
- Supporting oversight control functions within Client Operations – i.e. monitoring debtors and creditors positions, onsite monitoring of core functions such as investor dealing and settlement, income payments, bank account reconciliations, account maintenance, etc.
- Support the monitoring programme by reviewing completed work of SS&C / IFDS and ensuring work completed to required standards and within required timescales.
- Support collation and analysis of monthly MI to monitor and track service deliverables and performance of third Party Administrators
- Build and maintain relationships with TA’s to support effective relationships
- Help with any ad-hoc small projects/customer enhancements.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Initially offers will be made for a 18 month Fixed-Term-Contract, our intention is to transition successful trainees into full time employees (FTE). This will of course depend on performance & development during the 12-month introduction period.
75% of Investment 20/20 trainees are offered permanent positions at the end of their 12-month programme. Our trainee programme will introduce you to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience, and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career. You will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and Industry insight events.
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Generous Holiday policies
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits and family services
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace – the mindfulness app
- Corporate membership to ClassPass and other health and well-being benefits
- All employee events
- Lunch allowance for use within subsidized onsite canteen
Must Have Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills and able to demonstrate ability to liaise with senior management
- Highly organised, confident, decisive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of an effective team as well as autonomously
- Attention to detail
- Good Excel skills
- Good analytical skills
Nice to Have Skills
- High level knowledge of fund industry
- Report writing skills
- Previous customer service experience
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
- Annual performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
- Annual attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.